Note: Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise 3.x reached its end of life on August 31st of 2021.
If you have not yet upgraded to Continuous Delivery for PE 4.x, it’s important to start planning that upgrade today. When 3.x reaches its end of life, it will no longer be supported.
- When your 3.x license expires, the product will stop working
- Puppet will not renew licenses for 3.x installations after the EOL date
- Critical bug and security fixes will no longer be released
- The Support team will make a reasonable attempt to resolve tickets with limited resources and without the ability to replicate your problem.
When will my 3.x installation stop working?
When your 3.x license expires, the product will stop working. To see your expiration date, log in to CD for PE as the root user or a super user. Navigate to the root console in Continuous Delivery for PE. In the left hand menu click on Settings . Your expiration date is on the License tab.
If you are not able to upgrade to 4.x before your expiration date, please reach out to your sales representative as soon as possible.
How do I migrate to 4.x?
Once you have the latest CD for PE 4.x version installed, follow the Migrating 3.x data to 4.x instructions.
Continuous Delivery for PE 4.x provides many architectural improvements over 3.x, such as:
- Ability to install the product in an air-gapped network environment
- Out of the box high availability (HA) architecture support
- Zero downtime upgrades
- Cross site application snapshots
Read about other improvements in the release notes.
In addition, CD for PE 4.x can be installed on your own Kubernetes cluster following the Install Puppet applications using Puppet Application Manager on a customer-supported Kubernetes cluster instructions.
How can we improve this article?
Please sign in to leave a comment.