Configure Grafana, Telegraf, and InfluxDB to collect and display metrics from Puppet services using the
puppetlabs-puppet_operational_dashboards module. You can then view metrics for Puppet Server performance, heap memory and uptime, submission times for catalogs, facts, and reports to PuppetDB, and more. Use the metrics to help solve performance issues.
Version and installation information
PE version: All supported
Install and configure the module to view metrics.
- Get the module and install it.
- Use the README to configure dashboards. You can:
- Configure InfluxDB to securely store metrics data
- Configure Telegraf to collect and emit metrics from the
/metricsendpoints of Puppet services and store them in InfluxDB
- Configure Grafana to query and display metrics using several built-in dashboards
You can then view metrics in the dashboards.
Watch videos to learn more about how to use this module to collect and display metrics, and to interpret them.
Learn more about the dashboards:
- The Puppetserver Performance dashboard
- The PuppetDB Performance dashboard
- The Postgresql Performance dashboard
- File Sync Metrics dashboard
Examples of the Puppetserver Performance dashboard.
An example of PuppetDB Performance dashboard.
An example of the Postgresql Performance dashboard.
How can we improve this article?
A list of supported operating systems in PE: https://puppet.com/docs/pe/latest/supported_operating_systems.html#supported_operating_systems_and_devices
Please sign in to leave a comment.