If you have ideas for new features or enhancements or find a bug in a Puppet product, please let us know! Follow these steps to make a request and get updates.
Open a low priority (P4) Support ticket with a description of the feature you'd like or the bug you found. The process for both is similar, but we need different information for each one.
For a feature request, include a description of the feature and a use case.
For a bug, include as much as possible of the following information as you can. It’s okay if you don’t have all of this information.
- Product name, version, and platform.
- Isolate the problem.
- Provide steps to replicate the issue.
- State what was observed and what was expected.
- If you have a workaround or solution for the issue, please include it.
- When did it start? Did you upgrade or make other recent changes? Were there major incidents that occurred prior to the problem?
- What were the last few commands entered or buttons clicked before the issue occurred?
- Were there any error messages?
- What integrations and modules are you using?
- Our team will open an internal ticket with engineering for you and give you a reference number so that you can request an update on the ticket. To get an update, open a new support ticket or get in touch with your account manager or TAM.
How can we improve this article?
Please sign in to leave a comment.